Crazy Chocolate Covered Bananas

Monday, May 9, 2011

Today is crazy.
This means I am probably crazy.
You know what's good to do when you're feeling crazy? Make sure you have snacks that keep you from doing things like, ordering a trenta or venti or whatever size it is, frap, from Starbucks, or going through the drive thru at Taco Bell and ordering a cheesy gordita crunch, or calling Little Ceaser's and ordering a $5 pizza and eating it all by yourself. These are not suggestions of what to do, people.

When we were in Disneyland this year, I enjoyed a couple chocolate covered frozen bananas. I've enjoyed those a lot over the years. When I was a kid, my mom used to take me to the library. I would be giddy with excitement- big surprise. But not just because of the books, but for the treat after- a chocolate covered frozen banana, from the local ice cream shop.
Well, sometimes I don't want a whole banana, or 100 cals worth of chocolate.
Therefore, I'm making chocolate covered frozen banana bites. The perfect little pick me up for that 4 pm lull when you're not ready for dinner, but need a little something.
Megan, these are probably the simplest thing I will ever post here.


This is a banana. Some people wash their bananas, (that was not meant to be dirty.) I do not. But I am a maverick. (Sarah Palin may disagree)


I peel them.


Slice them into chunks.


Melt about 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate. You can do this in a double broiler or in the microwave (Put the chips in a glass measuring cup. Heat in 30 sec incrimnets, stopping to stir with a spoon, between each 1/2 minute).


Coat the banana slice.


Place on a cookie sheet, lined with foil, or in these cute little silicone muffin cups. Aren't they perfect?! Freeze. Eat. Say mmmm.


You can even give them fun little toppings; sprinkles, mini marshmallows, white chocolate chips, or these lovely pecans!

0 comments:

Post a Comment