Salad Series Day 2: Cous Cous and Grilled Artichoke Hearts

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This is an "everything sounds good and I should use it up and not be wasteful" kinda salad.
I did not grill these artichokes myself and have no idea how to do it, sorry.
I suppose I would boil them first, to get them soft, and then grill them with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, yes? I am unsure because I bought them at Nugget and they only have them in summer and they are so freakin' good, I could not resist.
I also had cous cous left over from dinner last week and I thought some pecans would add a nice crunch (I toasted them in a skillet first). Finally, I added a sprinkle of blueberries for a little rendevouz with antioxidants. Throw all of that on a bed of spinach and call it lunch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment