Not dry turkey burgers

Thursday, May 20, 2010


I've always liked turkey burgers, but there are two problems always complained about- they're too dry and they stick to the grill. After some online research by my mom a few weeks ago, I think I've solved both of those problems (enter the savior; olive oil) Adding this to the meat, and also bushing a little on the formed patties, helps the dryness and sticking problems. I've also experimented with some add-ins that really make these delicious. I serve them with a grilled veggie salad and those funny looking things are buns, believe it or not- they are called the one bun. I find that buns are such an excess of bread- these are the right portion.

Perfect Turkey Burger
Makes 4 burgers
1 lb. ground turkey breast
1/4 yellow or sweet onion
1/2 green apple
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
dash of: salt, pepper, basil and parsley

Chop onion, apple and garlic in a food processor, vitamix, etc. In a bowl, combine meat with chopped ingredients. Then add olive oil and soy sauce followed by spices. Mix with hands or spoon. If the meat seems dry, add more olive oil. Then form the meat into patties- you be the judge of proportions. Lay on a plate and brush with a touch of olive oil. Refrigerate until ready to bar b que.
Heat grill to about 450 degrees. Lay burgers on grill and close grill lid. Of course, I did not pay attention to how long I cooked these, but let them go at least 4-5 minutes on one side and flip. You should know when they're done- they'll be whiteish tan in color, with nice grill lines. If needed, cut one in half to check for doneness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment