Eggplant Hummus

Wednesday, September 22, 2010


Apparently all I eat is hummus, which is not true (I have a pasta salad recipe on Friday to disprove that), but here I go with a hummus recipe, nonetheless.

My neighbor gave me some homegrown eggplants and green peppers; the latter were used for chicken fajitas on Monday- yum! I reserved one eggplant (Chinese variety, I think?) for a grilled eggplant sandwich and used the other for this hummus.
The one down fall: I made this at work, with a blender from 1999, and it just doesn't work like my fancy schmancy vitamix. I honestly will never make this hummus in a blender again because the eggplant is just a little too tough to pulse it's way through that blender blade. And really, how can you top that smoothness the glorious vitamix gives you?

Nevertheless, follow my same ingredients from the zucchini hummus, just use an eggplant instead, and this time I added a little red pepper flake, which really hit the spot.


Slice that lovely eggplant and prick every slice with a fork.


Then, add it to a baking dish and drizzle it with some EVOO. (Roast the eggplant at 400 degrees until it is brown an)d slightly soft.


Then, use these lovely ingredients to make the hummus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment