Run: October 2010 #1

Monday, October 4, 2010


What's with the #1 in the title?
And you're now thinking, "um I didn't even realize there was a #1 in the title. I never read your titles...or your posts. I just look for pictures of food."
It's okay, I'm not judging.
However, the #1 is there for a reasons. I'm running 3 races this month. Yes, 3. don't even ask me how much money this month is costing me.
If you'll recall, I lived up the slacker status in July and didn't do a run, so one of those runs will make up for that and the third run this month is for no particular reason. Well sorta. It's a mud run. How could I even begin to pass up that?!


In any case, this past weekend I ran the Urban Cow- what a fun race! The beauty of it is the fact that there are a 5k, 1/2 marathon relay and 1/2 marathon. My faithful local running buddy, Erin, and her mom, along with one of Erin's friends, and I split ourselves into two relay teams. If you're trying to do the math, that's 6.55 miles per person.
I realize I've run a lot more than that at one time- 6.55 miles more, but I was SCARED for this race. Really scared. On Saturday night I acted like a 5 year old, whining and complaining about getting up early and running that far. What a pansy!
Nevertheless, running is not like riding a bike and you do, or at least I, totally lose my running momentum if I don't stay with it. My runs have been hit or miss this summer and never more than 4ish miles- pathetic for someone who ran a 1/2 marathon this year. I won't give you the list of excuses, but I'm trying to promise myself I will never ever go that long without running 6 miles. I'm not gonna lie, mile 5 kinda killed me and I could not get my mind over my negative thought hump. I was doing so well; loving life, thinking of all the fab things I was doing for my bod and how lucky I was and then I just lost all that positivity in a sea of negative thought trash. Lesson learned.
All in all, gorgeous morning, great course, cool shirts, ridiculous cowbell souvenis and a burrito coupon from Chipotle- not too shabby of a race.

0 comments:

Post a Comment