My comfort cookie

Friday, October 29, 2010


Ahhhh...pumpkin cookies. Feel free to text me right now and tell me how much you love me so I’ll feel compelled to send you some. Not that there are any left- I need to make another batch. That’s how it goes around here every October/November...I’m constantly baking single batches of pumpkin cookies because i never ever want them to go to waste, In reality, I could probably quadruple the batch and they would still disappear.
These cookies are definitely one of my top 5 “things i grew up with that remind me of everything good about being a kid.” My mom used to make the with raisins, which to me, are a sin in cookies. Many years ago we jumped on the trendy bandwagon and stopped using raisins and used dried cranberries. And hello, there is no other way to do it. Plus with the orange zest you’re gonna put in the cookies and the squeezed orange you’re going to put in the icing (yes, icing)- there will be no topping that combo.
I advise you to make these cake like cookies for any type of function you’re bound to attend. They come together quickly and I think I’ve only met one person in my whole life who hasn’t liked them. I don’t think I'm friends with them anymore.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I've seen these cookies popping up on blogs more and more most use choc chips. I like he direction you when with the tart of cranberries and orange, yum

Post a Comment