Carrot Zucchini Muffins

Wednesday, June 9, 2010


We're still not done with the food I made over graduation weekend, which is fitting because I don't think I'm done being tired either. It's been a long time since I've struggled with my alarm yelling at me at 6 am, but coming off the heels of the trip to Boise and then gearing up for the grad week, I find myself startled every morning, wishing I had a bat or club to use on the alarm clock I've had since 4th grade.
If only I still had one of these muffis to greet me...
These are adapted from this blog. I must say, it is my favorite food blog at the moment. The recipes are always wonderful- healthy or not- and the author always seems to say the right thing at the right time. (She's a mom and they seem to have a knack for that.)
You might know I have a thing against sticking veggies in baked goods and then covering them up with a bunch of unhealthy ingredients. Can you say oxymoron? (Not that I didn't just make a batch of unhealthy cupcakes for the party last weekend.) Look at this link for the full recipe, but use my adaptations and I promise you they will still come out moist, sweet and delicious and I won't tell if you slab on a little melted butter.

Adaptations to In Praise of Leftovers "Sunday School Muffins"
1. sub white flour for whole wheat flour (at least do half and half)
2. I didn't have oat bran, so I used wheat bran- use what you can find
3. Reduce white sugar to 2/3 cup natural sugar
4. sub 1 cup applesauce for oil, or 3/4 cup sauce and 1/4 cup canola oil
5. 2 eggbeaters, 1 egg- or use all eggs; no big deal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment