Perfectly BBQ Chicken

Tuesday, March 30, 2010


Ok, so chicken is not my best friend. I can live without it and when I started incorporating it in my diet again, I was kinda "eh" about it. Then this came into my life and I realized why chicken can be delicious.

Please, please, please, buy the bone in, skin on chicken breasts. Do not have a coronary, you will take the skin off. I promise it comes apart easily because of the marinade and excellent cooking method. I put this chicken over a bed of lettuce with grilled asparagus, grape tomatoes, pecans and a grilled lemon. You, however, could do the same, serve it in a sandwich, put it in a tortilla, or stand over your grill, eat messily, and praise the world's chicken supply.

Serves 4.
You'll need:
A bbq (I use gas)
large bowl/dish
grilling brush
foil

Ingredients:
2 large BONE IN and SKIN ON chicken breasts
1/3 cup olive oil
1 lemon, squeezed
1 tsp. lemon zest
1/4 tablespoon pepper
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 fresh sprig rosemary (or any other fresh, sturdy herb)
2 cloves garlic, minced

Place all ingredients, except chicken, in a large bowl or dish. Stir and add chicken. Cover chicken and cover dish with foil. Marinade in fridge for at least 1 hr and up to overnight.

Heat grill to medium heat. Place chicken, skin side down on grill. Let cook, grill closed. for 12 minutes. Turn over and cook for 7 minutes. At this point, you'll need to check the chicken You'll need to cook it for 5-15 minutes longer, depending on grill and meat thickness.
When fully cooked place on plate and take the foil you previously used to cover the chicken. Let rest for 10 minutes- don't forget this step- it makes it much more juicy.
Pull off skin and de-bone...Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment