Meatless Megan Monday

Monday, February 21, 2011

Dear Megan,
School took over my life. I had no time to make delicious food, shoot some pics and post you a lovely story to the blog.

Instead, I will mention a new trend floating around the US. The idea of taking one day a week to go completely meatless-no bacon for breakfast, no turkey sandwich for lunch, and no steak for dinner.

The environmental, financial and health benefits of this are starting to make themselves known, and if you're up for the challenge, it's a fun way to easily cut calories, try new recipes and let your taste buds embark on a new adventure.

For today, I'm linking you to a meatless cooking light recipe. You can even sign up to get a recipe from them, every day.

Next week, I will have my head above water and more interesting things to post.

Love,
Al

TIP: When you go vegetarian for a meal, don't assume no meat=calorie free. Lots of vegetarian options are loaded with oil and cheese. Keep your eyes peeled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment